Time Travel and Book Marketing with Jeff Goins – Strategies to Help You Sell More Books and Spread Your Word

SPI 079 : Time Travel and Book Marketing with Jeff Goins – Strategies to Help You Sell More Books and Spread Your Word
Date: 2013-09-05
Link: Smart Passive Income
 
Get ten people to help you give away copies of your books and goodies.
Reward people. Give them access to you.
Make it exclusive.
You need a lot of reviews on Amazon.
Amazon is the prominent search engine where people have their credit cards out and are ready to buy.
Get a lot of people to give you honest reviews.
.mobi is the most common Kindle format.
Send your launch team both the .pdf and the .mobi.
Reviews are great social proof.
Amazon’s best seller list is updated hourly.
Getting on the Amazon bestseller list becomes a snowball of momentum.
Get on the list by selling a large amount in a short period of time.
Say to people, “if you buy my book within this amount of time send me the receipt and I’ll give you…”
You want to reward your early adopters.
Help people decide to buy now.
After a while raise the price.
People buy something now so they can save money later.
Instead of starting high (in price) and going low, start low and then go high.
A book is about spreading an idea.
In order to stand out you need to do something remarkable.
Do something that gets you noticed.
Do a publicity stunt.
Give people an opportunity to share their story.
Take portions of the book and repurpose it as content to give away (as excerpts, guest posts, etc.).
Give away 25% to 33% of the book in various forms.
People aren’t going to read 40% of your book if they’re not interested in buying it. If they get to that point then they’re totally in and want the other 60%.
Blog the first chapter.
Launch with Amazon (rather than Snipit).
The number one way great ideas spread is through word of mouth.
No one book is just about one thing.